Oceania and Australian National Bouldering Championships
This year the Australian Climbing Festival will host the Australian Boulder Nationals and the Oceania Boulder Championships. Climbers from Australia and throughout the Oceania region will battle it out over three days to decide National and Oceania Champions in all Youth and Senior categories.
The competition wall will be located in the main auditorium and will be an exciting event at the festival. With a purpose-made four-profile comp wall the bouldering competitions will be a key feature of the festival.
Special thanks to Eddie Fowke for these awesome World Cup bouldering circuit photos!
• Open (born 1998 or before)
• Masters (born 1974 or before)
• Junior (born 1995/1996)
• Youth A (born 1997/1998)
• Youth B (born 1999/2000)
• Youth C (born 2001/2002)
• Youth D (born 2003 or after)
Day 1 – Friday 17 October
Categories: Open, Junior and Youth A – Qualification Rounds.
Format: World Cup qualification format. All climbers participate in 1 round of 5 problems, 4 minutes per problem.
Numbers: Limited to 100 climbers of both genders over all three categories.
Time: 8.00am 4.50pm
Day 2 – Saturday 18 October
Categories: Youth B, Youth C, Youth D and Masters.
Format: Boulder-Fest. Climbers divided into 3 groups, 2 hours climbing time per group.
Numbers: Limit of 25 climbers per group.
Time: 8.80am 5.00pm
Day 3 – Sunday 19 October
Categories: Open, Junior and Youth A – Semi-Finals
Format: World Cup Semi-Final format
Time: 7.00am – 10:30am
Categories: Open, Junior and Youth A – Finals
Format: World Cup Final format
Time: 1.00pm – 5.30pm
Notes for Competitors
Due to time constraints, the number of competitors will be strictly limited. The following qualification criteria have been set.
- Places offered to 2014 Australian Boulder World Cup representatives.
- Places offered to current Australian, New Zealand and New Caledonian Champions in their category.
- Places offered to those that were denied the chance to qualify at their SCA State Championship due to being a key part of their state’s Boulder championship; i.e. comp organiser or key routesetter.
- Places offered according to ranking in SCA Australian State Championships and New Zealand and New Caledonian National Championships down to 5th place.
- Remaining places offered via application according to date submitted.
Climbers wishing to compete need to first register their interest. Preregistration can be completed here up until the 21st of September. After this date, places will be offered according to the above criteria.
The organisers reserve the right to include international competitors outside these criteria.
Entry fee for the Bouldering Championships is $60 plus booking fee, which includes General Entry to the festival. If you would like to see presentations, films, seminars and the evenings key speakers, you will need to purchase an additional ticket which will be offered to competitors only, at a heavily discounted rate. You will be able to book this discounted ticket when you pay your registration fee through our ticketing system, available after 21 September.
State Boulder qualification events for NSW, QLD and ACT are:
QLD: 2nd August 2014
NSW: 14th September 2014
ACT: 4th September 2014
When planning you trip please consider that:
- This timetable and all times are approximate and subject to change.
- All climbers who place in the top 3 in their category in Oceania or Australia Nationals must be at the award ceremony or they will forfeit their place.
Prizes sponsored by La Sportiva, Black Diamond, Marmot and the Australian Climbing Festival
Climbing holds and volumes sponsored by Uncarved Block, ICP, Pusher and Revolution
Ply panels sponsored by Pulse Climbing